About Lviv National Medical University
- Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University (LNMU) is one of the oldest and biggest medical educational institutions in Ukraine.
- It is one of the leading medical universities of the IV level of accreditation.
- LNMU begins from the Medical Faculty of Lviv University, which was opened on November 16, 1784, according to the privilege of the Austrian emperor Josef II. In 2009 University celebrated its 225 anniversary.
- 22 scientific schools actively function and develop in University: of obstetrics and gynecology, biochemical, hygienic, of infectious diseases, of history of medicine and pharmacy, microbiological, morphological, of neurology and neurosurgery, of oncology, of otorhinolaryngology, ophthalmological, of pathological anatomy and pathological physiology, pediatric, psychiatric, of dentistry, of internal diseases, pharmacological, physiological, of phtisiatry, of chemistry and pharmacy, of surgery.
- Clinical departments of University have the fund of more than 10000 beds (41 affiliated hospitals), 9 polyclinic departments with 3510 attendances during shift, University dental medical centre for more than 2000 attendances during shift
- Today Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University combines 6 faculties, medical college, 78 departments (including 48 clinical departments), 14 academic buildings, 41 affiliated hospitals, University dental medical centre for more than 2000 attendances during shift, teaching drugstore, botanical garden.
- There are 23 sport-public and recreation and sports clubs in the University.
- Lviv University is ranked 3854 in the world. Read More...
- About 2746 students are studying at 38 departments here. 484 foreigners are studying at the faculty as well. The teaching process is carried out by 500 teachers – academicians, professors, assistant professors, senior teachers and assistants